Saturday, January 15, 2011

Basic Target

This is the very basic target i made from a fue foam Matt's that were selling cheap at Walmart and some old pickets i found laying about in our garage.


A fue wooden pickets screwed together makes a sturdy frame.

The Target is made from two gym matt's with cardboard and foam sandwiched between.

This is the finished target i've added matt's to the sides to stop stray arrows. I am a beginner after all.
For a bit more of a challenge and to get me ready for hunting i;ve added a Turkey target onto it.

A couple of my best groupings so far shot from 10 yards.

Tools and Materials used:
  • 5 wooden pickets 
  • Screws 
  • 2 Hinges with bolts and wing nuts
  • 4 foam exercise matt's from walmart 
  • Elastic bands 2 large and 16 small
  • Thick cardboard
  • Turkey target
  • Drill

No comments:

Post a Comment

A handy place to buy reasonably priced equipment.

Helpful hints and tips very welcome!!

If anybody has any helpful hints about ways I could improve my work, please send them across. I will have a go at putting together a detailed build along for the next bow i make. Also if anyone has any questions i will do my best to answer or find the answer.

Thanks for reading!!

Nick

Ponder this!!