Tuesday, February 8, 2011

How i measure the draw weight for my bows.

To measure the draw weight of my bows, I bought a cheap luggage weighing scales from WalMart.
Photo0673
The scale goes up to 80 pounds and has a separate black arm that stays at the maximum weight pulled.
Photo0674     
To measure the draw weight i place the bow on the floor back down. Using a yard stick next to the arrow rest and the scale hooked where the arrow is nocked, i draw the bow to my draw length on the yard stick. I will make a video and post it up to show further.
Photo0678 Photo0679

No comments:

Post a Comment

A handy place to buy reasonably priced equipment.

Helpful hints and tips very welcome!!

If anybody has any helpful hints about ways I could improve my work, please send them across. I will have a go at putting together a detailed build along for the next bow i make. Also if anyone has any questions i will do my best to answer or find the answer.

Thanks for reading!!

Nick

Ponder this!!